Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It's raining again

Mumbai weather... I've lived here three years now, but I still can't predict it. All I can do is always always carry an umbrella with me, between the months of August and October.
This morning, sun rays from my east-facing window woke me up at an unearthly hour. Now, at 4 in the afternoon, it's dark and rainy and the sky is rumbling like it ate something bad for lunch.

My moods are very attuned to the weather. If it's sunny, I feel sunny, if it's cold, I'm rather sniffly. Rain- that makes me reflective. I've wondered about my purpose in life, about how much I can procrastinate the mountains of work I'm reluctant to do, and generally contemplated my uselessness. (This is not a hint for you to leave reassuring comments contradicting me. I'm not that desperate) In short, I've thought about just about everything these past three hours, but Nuclear Physics. God, give me some concentration!

PS: It's definitely a sign that I'm out of ideas if I dedicate an entire post to the weather. But I had rather blog than mug, so bear with me.

5 comments:

Rohan said...

Made a very interestin read..:P
PS: I m trying not to be sarcastic;)

Nithya said...

As long as you aren't reassuring:)

$udhi said...

"It's definitely a sign that I'm out of ideas"

Start publishing your old drafts

~$udhi :)

Ravali said...

i agree with sudhi....old drafts :D
but i still like this one :D
coz i looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mumbai rains :D
and i luv u tooooo :*

Nithya said...

@sudhi, None of my old drafts are worth posting:(
@roomie, I have a love-hate relationship with Mumbai rains, but I looooveeee you :*